I few years ago, I saw a tag about reflecting over the past year and new years resolutions.
The past 2 years I did a reflection post which was long and text-y… so…This year I thought I would do a new version as this year has been filled with transitions.
What have been your favorite posts this year to make?
What has been your biggest success or opportunity this year?
Being able to transition so smoothly between jobs, I must say that my biggest opportunity this year was having fantastic co-workers who had made it a learning process that was easier to process. I guess my biggest success this year was just being able to breathe. To understand who I am better and to be able to ground myself more.
What has been your biggest set-back or challenge?
As mentioned already… This year has been just filled with transitions. I left a job, started a new job, then left that job to not know what I wanted to do… and so I ended up boomerang-ing back to Sephora for awhile. I had to take more than a few breaks from social media which was also super tough.
What’s been your biggest beauty or fashion change this year?
Well. Not much! I have had more of a health change this year – both mentally and physically. This question is quite connected to the previous one. But instead of wollowing in self-pity, I also decided on investing in a Personal Trainer and I lost a lot of weight and gained a lot of perspective instead.
What was your most expensive or most prized purchase this year?
I started shopping my stash more this year and took a step back from buying every single new collection that has come into stores. With that said, I did get myself the Saints & Sinners Palette from KvD!
Which events are most memorable this year?
- DaisyExpo was such a highlight – to be able to work behind the scenes and help out with the exhibitors was amazing… and to of course meet my fellow bloggers.
- Daisy Beauty Gala was also a pleasure to work with – just before Krizz went on maternity leave…literally. It was the first of its kind and we all were very proud of the work we put in.
- Cosmoprof, Bologna with Kicki and the team was very memorable and I felt truly blessed to have been able to learn and love these amazing people who took me under their wing even though I am not of a journalistic background.
- Daisy Beauty Cruise was filled with amazing brands and coworkers and it was bittersweet saying goodbye to being the Sales Executive at DaisyBeauty.
- Real Techniques was soo much fun hanging out with other influensers that I havent seen for awhile. It was also cool to share with you all how I got my screen name PixiJasmine. I also got to know Frida at MakeupbyEkholm much better!
- Hud & Kosmetik Mässa was fun to walk around and meet old and new friends. It was amazing to learn about new brands and also new products that are to be released/are already released.
London was memorable since we travelled in January and I was also able to meet childhood friends which means the world to me.
Las Vegas was seriously a trip that I would remember for a lifetime. It was when I was able to truly find myself and who I want to be. To com to terms with dealing with loss and learning acceptance.
London…again. I booked a spontaneous weekend in London and he proposed. I said yes. I cried. I got a migraine and then we ate at Shake Shack. Read more on that here.
What have you been most thankful for this year?
Being able to accept that I am enough. I am thankful for the meetings I have been able to have with old and new friendships. To realize my worth and A. A has been with me through some tough transitions that I was unsure I would have been able to deal with on my own.
Thank you all for allowing me to share my journey with you and I hope you have a great 2018.